It’s been awhile…I know. My boyfriend and I were on a much needed vacation. We went to Mexico for 7 wonderful days☀️. We stayed at Barcelo Maya Riviera (adults only). The resort was beautiful, and very new….seriously it just opened in December. With the resort being new, it meant it wasn’t very busy and super clean (yay).
I guess this blog is my first review of something!!
SO…would I recommend this resort?? yes!! And i’ll list some of the pros and even the cons for you!
- Adults only!! not that I have anything against kids but no crying/screaming and hello parents…you deserve a break!
- It’s brand new…very clean and SO modern (aesthetically pleasing📸).
- Four very large infinity pools and plenty of places to lay and tan.
- The beach is less than a minute walk from the pools!!
- Food from the buffet is amazing…aka so much fried food, chefs making fresh pasta, cheeseburgers and even sushi!!…(also fried mac and cheese balls…oh and a lot of queso) lets just say I gained some weight..but hey I was on vacation.
- 24/7 bar in the lobby🍹
- Staff was very nice!!
- Our room was beautiful, king sized bed and a jacuzzi tub on the balcony
- The entertainment, not that it was awful but each show was very similar to one another. And since its a new building the space where they have the shows is also a convention centre, so it’s fully indoors. (I prefer the auditoriums that are outside).
- The buffet only served breakfast and lunch (it was open from 8am to 6pm) so technically you could have an early dinner but after laying in the sun all day you need a nap before dinner. (They have 4 restaurants you can make reservations at, French, Mexican, Italian and Japanese)
- Portion sizes at the restaurants…food was good (we didn’t try the french restaurant as we aren’t big fans of french food) but the portions we’re quite small…which is unfortunate when the buffet is closed. (They do have sandwiches in the 24/7 bar though, if you are really hungry). Which duh…I love me some food when I’ve have a few too many drinks.
There you have it, my first review on this blog!!! So yes, I would defiantly recommend the Barcelo Maya Riviera to friends, family and you guys! I’d say its on the more pricey side (1’500 + tax) but very worth it. If you are planning a vacation in the near future and have any questions on this place, don’t hesitate to ask!
Next blog will be our vacation style!! So stay tuned…
Until next time✨